Click here to see some GREAT reasons that people gave for coming here and also their reasons for leaving a prior studio.
1. When you take lessons in my studio, you won't be treated as another number. I do a complete analysis for each individual and customize areas of need for each student on a continual basis.
2. The fact that I play and teach over 22 instruments has been a help to many parents and students. Parents have brought in young students to play the instrument of their choice and I realize in the first few lessons that another instrument would have been a better choice. Some of the reasons I come to this conclusion can be due to their physical size, coordination or some slight disability that they may have. I explain to the parents why I think this and ask them to keep it in mind in case a problem arises in the future. I usually anticipate this long before they come to see it as a problem. I don’t force the issue, and I let things take their course. Usually within 14 weeks, the parents start to see what I was talking about. At this point, they switch to the instrument that I recommended and 75% of the time, this works for them while the first instrument did not.
3. Lessons are a chance to get out and do something different once a week. It allows you to have interaction and conversation with someone you have a common interest with. A lot of my adults students have developed a camaraderie with me that goes beyond the lessons.
4. Taking lessons here will allow you to play with a teacher who plays seventeen instruments and many styles of music.
5. Music is more than just notes on a sheet and academic work. I teach how to play and improvise with expression, emotion, feeling and stylization. I will play an example and then have the student repeat this. Initially they will not have the same feel when they play it. After they learn and play the notes well, I can show them how to play it with the same stylization that I use. This makes a big difference in sound.
6. Many different students went on to play more than one instrument because I instilled in them the love of playing. They said that I did this by exposing them to various instruments and different styles of music that can be played. Because I play 22 different instruments and many different styles, these students do not have to look for another teacher. They are able to develop their knowledge of other instruments during their regular lessons where I can tell them and show them what can be done. Students who play only one instrument, have bought several more expensive instruments since they started due to their increased interest and more advanced ability.
7. Participating in workshops will allow you to enjoy meeting and playing with other people.
8. If you could experience a fraction of the enjoyment I have had in music, it would definitely enrich your life.
9. Lessons are taught 7 days a week, year round, by appointment.
10. The teachers don't change like they tend to in other studios. You get continuity in the lessons you are taking.
11. The waiting room has the current newspaper, magazines, TV and a desk that people can use to do homework or other projects. Current students families will have exclusive use for this area for most of the scheduled lesson.